Harrison Beach Hotel Blog
Harrison Hot Springs, BC
1. Ski, Snowboard, or Tube at Hemlock Ski Resort, only 45 minutes from Harrison Hot Springs!
2. Soak and relax in the Harrison Hot Springs public mineral pools
3. Take a scenic boat trip to view hundreds of Bald Eagles feeding on spawning salmon
4. Participate in the local Circle Farm Tour
5. Treat yourself to a day at the spa
6. Discover one of the many art exhibits at the Ranger Station Art Gallery
7. Wine and Dine at one of the many fabulous restuarants…we love Morgans!
8. Check out some awesome live music at the Layback Lounge
9. Browse the unique shops and treat yourself to something special
10. Relax and enjoy a stroll through town or walk around the lagoon
Come out to beautiful Harrison Hot Springs and you are sure to have a good time! Give us a call if you have any questions or if you would like to book your winter vacation today 1-866-338-8111.
-Katie, Director of Sales & Marketing
With many regional sightings, Harrison Hot Springs has a unique history with Sasquatch. Come out and learn about these hairy bi-peddled creatures with our exciting Sasquatch Adventure package which includes a tour with local researchers in a 6 passenger 4×4. They will take you to sighting locations and also teach you about the local flora and fauna. Make sure you bring a camera!
Before you visit, check out these great tips for the avid Sasquatch hunter!
Fall has officially begun but that doesn’t mean that the activities stop. One of our favorite events is the Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival which will be going into it’s 18th year on November 16th & 17th. This festival kicks off the “Season of Eagles” and is one of the largest gathering spots in North America. The raptors are drawn to the area by the millions of spawning salmon that travel up the Fraser River to tributaries such as the Harrison River. The estuary is also home to incredible wildlife such as trumpeter swans, ducks, seal, bear, coyote, deer and the great white sturgeon.
This is an event you won’t want to miss. Check out the event calendar at: fraservalleybaldeaglefestival.ca/festival-events-2/
Don’t worry, Summer isn’t over yet! Check out these fun-filled events and activities happening around Harrison Hot Springs! Give us a call if you would like more information, 1-866-338-8111.
- Hermann’s Hikers weekly hike (every Wednesday)
- Harrison Craft Market (Aug 31-Sept 1)
- Bands on the Beach (Aug 31-Sept 1)
- Fan Appreciation Day at Agassiz Speedway (Sept 7)
- Chilliwack Garlic Festival (Sept 7 & 8)
- Agassiz Fall Fair and Corn Festival (Sept 13 & 14)
- A Day at the Park at the Harrison Lake Plaza (Sept 14)
- BC Legends Day at Kilby Historic Site (Sept 21)
- Championship Day at Agassiz Speedway (Sept 21)
- Rivers of Peace Festival (Sept 27 & 28)
- Reapers Haunted Attraction (Sept 27 to Oct 31)
- Pumpkin Patch Hit to Pass at Agassiz Speedway (Sept 29)
The 35th annual Harrison Festival of the Arts takes place this week and is running until July 14th. Enjoy Festival activities set against the magnificent mountains and sandy beaches of Harrison Lake, while experiencing the many fine restaurants, shops and other attractions offered by the beautiful lakeside Village of Harrison Hot Springs. This fun-filled Festival is an event the whole family can enjoy featuring music from all corners of the globe, as well as visual and literary arts, theatre, a large outdoor art and craft market, workshops and a special day for children. Click here for more information.
The 9th Annual Harrison Dragon Boat Festival will be held on July 20th. This great event brings you exciting races, community-sponsored attractions and festivities – all with the beautiful backdrop of stunning Harrison Lake. This spectacular venue is easily accessible to teams from all over the Pacific Northwest and only a ninety minute drive from downtown Vancouver. This is the perfect time for a weekend retreat!
Meet local Sasquatch Researchers in the Plaza on the beachfront in Harrison Hot Springs on July 21st from 1pm until 3pm. Learn about the scientific evidence that supports the existence of this elusive forest creature. View factual evidence, hear amazing real life stories, get the latest news on sightings and encounters in our area!
Enjoy the local Farmer’s Market every Thursday until September from 3pm to 6pm in the Aberdeen parking lot @7167 Pioneer Avenue, Agassiz. This a community based Farmer’s Market offering a wide array of fabulous vendors and produced goods; you will find everything from fresh fruits and vegetables, to baked goods or even local artisan projects.
Enjoy your summer with us at the Harrison Beach Hotel! Make a reservation today: 1-866-338-8111